Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Workout Check In

Ever so often I will list what I have been doing in the gym, feel free to use it or better it.

Today:

Warm up lap on track (.25 mile)
25-30 Pushups modifed diamond in 45 seconds
Wall Sit 1 minute (90 degree angle with floor, NO cheating!)
repeat 25-30 Pushups modifed diamond in 45 seconds
Wall Sit 1 minute
Run 2 sets of stairs 4 times
40 crunches
2nd Run of 2 sets of stairs 4 times
40 crunches
Standing in place lunges 2x20
Self squats (no extra weight) 2x20
1 set of 16-20 regular pushups in 45 seconds
Run 1 set of stairs
Hit punching bag
Run 1 set of stairs
Stretch and cool down

Total workout time: ~50 minutes without stretch and cool down

This is what my trainer calls a whole body workout. We normally do this Monday and Wednesday, with Friday hitting the weight room. Every week or so he will replace one of these excercises or tweak it, upping reps, etc. to keep up with progress or as punishment because he doesn't feel I am going hard enough (I'm paying him for this?!) To someone who is always in the gym, this might not seem much, but I am pretty burned out after this. My trainer (James from here on out) doesn't allow any rest time between sets (unless you count me getting off the floor to begin running) as he wants my heart rate to stay up the entire workout. I'll add more later, including some interesting stuff he keeps telling me about my water intake.

No comments: